Pages

Friday 3 September 2010

MEGA UPDATE


Holy smokes batman...it's been a crazy couple weeks and only now have I found some time to get in some solid writing. After a simply magnificent trip to Ibiza, last weekend saw my triumphant return to Creamfields and it didn't disappoint.

The weather left a little to be desired but let's face it, no one cares when your raving your tats off. After winning the Mixmag DJ competition to play at the festival I was gifted a set at 2pm in the Mixmag Arena - a great marquee which became the 'Annie Mac Presents...' tent the next day. Having a set so early I wasn't expecting much in the way of a crowd but to my pleasant surprise the place was absolutely heaving! Check out this video of me rocking out to some dubstep action near the end:

Creamfields2010: Sub Bass time in the Mixmag Arena! from Colin Brownbill on Vimeo.


I have to thank all my mate's who got things going down the front, I've never seen so many taps aff in one place and also my trusty companion 'Whizzer', who not only got his mankini out on stage to rapturous applaud but also kept bumping tinnies from backstage.



The absolute highlight of the festival was without doubt The Swedish House Mafia, headlining their own tent on Sunday night, the superstar trio played for two hours to an over capacity crowd which rocked from start to finish. With huge pyrotechnics, fireworks and ice cannons it felt like a true moment, summed up nicely by Angello proclaiming 'thank God for this show'. Other areas of interest came from Deadmau5 playing a whole 15mins of dubstep to end his mainstage set on Saturday - the majority of the crowd got very annoyed, very quickly. I also have to give a shout out to Grum & Louis La Roche for putting up with my drunken antics all weekend, they both played exceptional sets in the Strongbow tent & I'm looking forward to catching Louis at Naive @ Stereo this Saturday!

So with Creamfields over, taking a quite incredible summer with it, it's time to get refocused on Glasgow, September is traditionally boom time in club land when the students return and the promoters pull out all the stops. So look out for interviews, reviews and hot tunage over the coming months. Whoop! x

No comments:

Post a Comment