Pages

Monday 15 November 2010

Monday.



There's no point in frontin', I'm on a major catch up mission right now after spending most of the weekend either bouncing about dancefloors or in bed sleeping. Monday morning always hits me like a ton of bricks because while Sunday's hangover is of course bad, nine times out of ten your still half cut where as on Monday it's the lingering exhaustion & gut rot you have to deal with....

BLOG BURNER:

Anyway, I recently realised just how much straight up electro/techno/annoying squelch basslines annoy me. I'm all for a plain and simple 'bangin' beat every so often, but you have to draw the line somewhere, otherwise it just gets boring. I want a FUCKING GROOVE, I want different TEMPOS and I want shifts in ENERGY. Monotonous, wobbly, 'I'm trying to replicate what Herve was doing three years ago' music really pisses me off, which is why when I get my hands on some big, funky, sex-filtered, piano-driven French house I get a big grin on my face. The Phantom's Revenge is back with this masterful feel good funker called 'Charlie', there's no farting, modem connection, C-3PO having an orgasm sounds and it may encourage actual dancing. Deal with it.

The Phantom's Revenge - Charlie



Next up, Riva Starr fights the good fight with this 7 minute slice of mature house called 'More'. Forthcoming under his new guise Star Traxx and with remixes from Kink and Pirupa this simply oozes class. I still maintain Riva Starr is the hottest name in house music right now and with this super-grooving bassline behind him that title is safe. Pick this up Nov 29th on his own Snatch! label.

Riva Starr presents Star Traxx - More



Ok, ok, I admit it, we're late on this. But better late then never right? The chart-bothering nuisance known as Tinchy Stryder has enlisted an all-star cast of UK hip hop spitters for his new street single 'Game Over'. Featuring the likes of Pro Green, Tinie Tempah & Giggs this is straight HEAT, the debate is still raging over who's verse kills it most on this. I'm backing Example...

Tinchy Stryder ft/ Chipmunk, Tinie Tempah, Devlin, Example, Pro Green & Giggs - Game Over



Finally, Digital Soundboy legend and Original Nuttah, Shy FX is back with an Afro-Caribbean meets Jungle jump off which is causing damage right now. Here Breakage strips it down to the bare essentials, losing Kano, Donae'o and Roses Gabor in favour of the original vocal sample and some bad man riddims. Still no word on an official release for this but this version is out there if you want it...

Shy FX ft/Kano, Donae'o & Roses Gabor - Raver (Breakage Remix)

No comments:

Post a Comment